Friday, 2 July 2010

My favourite door


I love this door. It's the door of an old barn just up the road from the cottage we stay in in Wales. I took photos of it last year too. Maybe I'll go back every year just to have a look at this door. This door reminds me of calmness and peace in times of turbulence. And turbulence is all there has been recently. I went to look at a flat last Thursday, signed a contract on Tuesday, gave away a huge wodge of money on Wednesday and I collect the keys on Sunday. This has all happened quite quickly and I have no furniture and have packed nothing.
This has been all I wanted for the last couple of months and now I'm here I'm suddenly petrified. I have never lived on my own before and life currently looks very different from the way i thought it would at 31.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoooooooo!!!! New flat, blooming fabulous, don't worry it will be grand! and send me the address as I will be needing to send you a flat warming gift obviously!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you lovey! will drop you a line when I have moved in and have something to sit on that isn't the floor...

    ReplyDelete