Friday, 30 April 2010

Is it finished?



I have no idea what's going on with the bonkers use of colour in this painting. I just stopped thinking halfway through and doodled away. The question is, is it finished?
Looking at it now, I think not, though what more I can do is beyond me. A lovely pile of Japanese plywood landed on my doorstep on Wednesday ready for some woodcuts. I spent last night meticulously drawing out the scene I wanted ready to work on this weekend. As is usual for someone with so little patience, I couldn't wait to get started but couldn't bothered to move from my comfy spot on the bed. Consequently I slept, rather uncomfortably, with wood chippings.

2 comments:

  1. You'll get splinters with those wood chippings! Beautiful water colour you! ;0 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch! You do suffer for your art! I think it is finished. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete