Tuesday, 1 September 2009

What do I do now?





It doesn't feel like it's been the most productive of weekends, even with the extra day off. Sunday's car boot was semi successful (no body wanted the bears though. Poor bears), though Autumn made it's sly presence felt with chilly winds and drizzle.
The painting is finished (I think) and I feel slightly downhearted. I always do when I finish a piece of work and I never know what to do next, I will no doubt spend the next week in a bit of a funk, doing very little but reading the odd book and mooching. And that's life really isn't it? You always have to keep thinking about what to do next. School's over? What now? Finished your degree? What now? Boyfriend dumped you, marriage over? What shall I do now? We all just keep going after the next thing not really sure that it's what we want.
I've just been feeling a little bit narked about the whole thing this week. We have the property ladder to keep us acquiring bigger and better houses, this is like the life ladder and I don't like it. I should think it's tied up with having to move back home, I don't really know why but it doesn't really feel like I'm living, it's all a bit safe and warm. So, what do I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment