Friday, 28 August 2009

A week spent painting...

If you look closely you can see a wine glass on the left hand side, next to the jar with dirty paint water. Dangerous, this. Accidents do happen when you're not concentrating...

I'll have to clean this palette off eventually. Absolutely the worst job when it comes to being a painter. However, one of the lovely things about being back at home is that sometimes I pop up to the studio and Mum has cleaned it for me. Bless.


I'm quite pleased with the way this is going. The sketch completed on Monday is about as much planning as I do. As long as I have a template and a rough idea of colours then the rest just follows. I like to work instinctively so I find it quite tough when i'm trying to explain to students that to avoid mistakes it's better to plan things out rather than just dither about and hope it all works out for the best. There's at least another three days work on this to be done. I'm never happier than when I've got music I like on the stereo and a painting going well.
I'm doing a car boot on Sunday as I have so much stuff to get rid of since moving out of the cottage. Mum keeps holding up little bits of quaint pottery and asking if it can go- I'm trying to explain that I need some things to furnish my French farmhouse/Scottish barn/cottage on a wild moor somewhere.
The Tudors and True Blood tonight and three days off work! I do love Friday.






No comments:

Post a Comment